Finland staat misschien nog wel meer bekend als bestemming voor de winter dan voor de zomer. Vooral een winterreis naar Fins Lapland is iets waar veel mensen van dromen. Wat denk je van deze winterreizen naar Finland?
Enchanted Santa Experience
Kom en doe mee aan een onvergetelijke week in Hossa, Noord Finland, waar je de magie van de winter en kerstmis kunt ervaren
in een rustige en authentieke omgeving! Je maakt kennis met de echte kerstman, rijdt in een slee getrokken door husky’s en probeert ook rendiersleeën. U en uw gezin brengen 5 nachten door in een blokhut in een vakantiedorp, buiten alle drukte die vaak komt met kerst. Het programma is voor maximaal twee gezinnen, dus er is geen wachtrij en ervaringen zullen probleemloos verlopen en ontspannen.
Wat zult u ervaren tijdens uw verblijf?
Day 1: arrival
• We will pick you up from Kuusamo (KAO) airport and bring you to your cabin.
• Evening meal or a snack is provided in your cabin depending on arrival time.
Day 2: Easy local activities
• Once you have enjoyed your breakfast at your cabin it’s time to head outside and enjoy the snow!
• After the morning activities we head to the local reindeer farm to learn about the reindeer herding culture, hop on to a reindeer sled and feed Santa’s little helpers.
• Lunch at the reindeer farm
• Evening sauna experience in our lakeside saunas. Let your mind and body relax.
Day 3: Santa!
• After breakfast we will drive you to a remote village about 1,5 hours away, where we will visit Santa Claus in his cottage. During this 3h visit you get to do tobogganing with the elves, hear stories from Santa and bake his favourite cookies with him!
• We will have a light snack at the Santa’s cottage and after the visit we drive to the skiing resort Ruka to enjoy some wood-fired pizza.
• Arrival back to your cabin where you can relax for the rest of the evening. Maybe Santa has given you some assignments as well?
Day 4: Husky sledding
• After breakfast is time to hop in the van again and we will head to a small village of Metsäkylä (Forest Village) to meet the huskies!
• After a brief lesson on Mushing you will be assigned to your sled (persons/sled) and off you go on a 10km long track through backwoods. This trip is made for beginners and you have a guide with you.
• After having a light lunch at the husky farm it’s time to head back to Hossa.
• Dinner at your cabin
Day 5: Relax and enjoy!
• You can spend today as you please. Would you like a second trip to the reindeer farm or maybe try out some snow shoeing or Fat biking*? Or go for a quiet walk or build a snow man? Enjoy some quiet time with your family? (*additional cost)
• Lunch and dinner at your cabin
Day 6: Departure
• After breakfast it’s time to say good bye to Hossa
• Transfer back to Kuusamo airport
5 Days adventure in Northern Finnish Lapland
Wat zult u ervaren tijdens uw verblijf?
Flight from your airport to Kajaani, transfer to your accommodation. Checkin and time to explore the resort.
Today your experience in Finnish wilderness really starts. Transfer to the Husky Center where you learn how to harness the sled dogs and practice the skill of driving over a long distance. Be swept from the excitement of the arena out into the peaceful and surreal winter forests. This trail is 6 km long and you’ll drive it with traditional Björkis 2 person sled. You will be inspired by the peaceful motion and the beautiful scenery. Introduction to our huskies day to day lives and hot drinks included. Duration of excursion 2,5hrs with transfers. Rest of the day you can explore the resort, there is plenty of choice to choose from.
This is the day for everyone who loves speed. Transfer to the Safari Center for introduction and gearing up. This snowmobile safari takes you up to the Vuokatti hills where beautiful winter scenery will open up. We drive with new 2016 Touring model snowmobiles, which are environmentally friendly and provide a comfortable ride for both driver and passenger. We’ll also enjoy some beautiful lake views along this route. On our way back we’ll stop for a break and enjoy hot drinks & snacks. Duration of excursion 3hrs with transfers. Rest of the day you can head to the ski slopes or try out other activities.
You can sleep in a bit as this is the day to hunt Northern lights with huskies. You will embrace the romance and beauty of the Finnish winter wonderland as you set of at night by dog sled. Powerful headlights cut through the darkness of the enchanted winter forest. As the forest gives way to the open frozen lake, on a clear night the heavens open up before your eyes hopefully offering up the spectacular scenery of the northern lights. Relax by the warmth of the fire in our traditional Mongolian Yurt as your guide serves up a traditional “musher’s burger”, then step outside for another spectacular view of the night sky. Come and enjoy this unique adventure being driven by your personal guide as you are wrapped in the warmth of reindeer hides, or join in the driving, either way this peaceful relaxing tour will glisten in your memory for a long time to come. Duration of excursion 4hrs with transfers.
The last day in the winter wonderland will be spent driving a snowmobile. Enjoy an unforgettable winter day snowmobiling the most beautiful routes Vuokatti has to offer. We’ll drive via frozen lake Kiantajärvi and head to Naulavaara which is the highest top of Vuokatti hills. Thick snow and breathtaking scenery guarantee your once in a lifetime experience in Finnish wintry and white nature. We’ll stop for a break at idyllic Maanselän Etappi where we get to enjoy delicious traditional soup lunch and coffee. After that we’ll head back to Vuokatti. Length of the whole safari route covers 100 kilometers and duration of excursion is 5hrs with transfers.
Transfer to the airport and flight back home.
Daredevils’ Adventure Week / Vuokatinmaa Holiday Apts
10. Jan – 9. Feb 2020 1 265 €
10. Feb – 7. Mar 2020 1 388 €
8. Mar – 9. Apr 2020 1 325 €
Including all above activities and accommodation.